Photo by Angiola Harry on Unsplash
For those who want the information quickly, we’ll get right to the point: from October 1st to October 31, the Auto shop is giving away free premium grade-brake pads or shoes! All you pay for is the labor and any other necessary parts! But stick around for the rest of this article if you can, because the why is important.
We Are Participating in the Brakes for Breasts Campaign!
In October, women worldwide prepare for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and we all show our support for those who have survived and lost their lives to this terrible illness. Once again, The Auto Shop in Jefferson City will be participating in the Brakes for Breasts campaign. You’ll notice your favorite football players wearing their pink gear, stores selling Breast Cancer Awareness items, and (if you’re at risk) you’ll hopefully be encouraged by your health care physician to get a mammogram or screening.
We want to do our part, too. Our social media will be going pink for October, and when you come into the shop, we can walk you through the great Brakes for Breasts campaign process. Brakes for Breasts is a non-profit organization that provides free brake checks and repairs to encourage women to get their vehicles serviced and make them safer. So, if you haven't had your brakes checked out lately, now is a good time!
- 100% of the proceeds from the "Brakes for Breasts" fundraiser go directly to the Cleveland Clinic to research the Breast Cancer Vaccine.
- The Auto Shop is among several "Mom & Pop" auto repair shops and independent business owners across the country that have joined hands for this great cause.
How Do You Know If Your Brakes Need Replacing?
Here at The Auto Shop, we have diagnostic equipment that can quickly scan your vehicle for any issues. For brakes, you can do a little self-assessment, too.
If you notice any of the following, it's time to get your brake pads replaced:
- If you notice changes in stopping distance.
- If your car pulls to one side when braking. This can be caused by warped rotors or drum brakes that aren't adjusted properly.
- Grinding or squealing when braking could mean something stuck between your brake pad and rotor; this may require an inspection from a certified mechanic.
Come See Us And Support Brake For Breasts!
Come get your brakes replaced and support a good cause. The Auto Shop is located at 612 Missouri Boulevard Court, Jefferson City, MO, 65109. Our shop is the only ASE blue-ribbon certified shop within 100 miles! We have diagnostic equipment in each tech bay, so you don’t have to wait around to get work done. Our business hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM. We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover for payments. And don't forget to Like us on Facebook! We look forward to seeing you soon!